Monday, June 9, 2014

Why I started

So far, 2014 has brought some great reads!  I've finished 26 books so far and my goal was 50, so I am pretty sure I will surpass that.  I have really loved the books I have picked recently.  As much as I love to finish a book, I absolutely dread the process of picking what book to read next because the options are overwhelming. 

About a month ago, I hit a bit of a reading slump.  I'm not entirely sure why, but at the time I was signed up for several Buddy Reads and I realized that as much as I love discussing a book, I can't plan this out ahead of time.  Because once the time came to read something, I wanted to read something else.  So I have determined that my Buddy Reads in the future need to be less structured.  So I have cleared my reading calendar and just started reading whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted and I am back in my element.

I started this blog as a sort of outlet to talk about what I am reading, and also because I get asked a lot for book recommendations from friends and family.  It's sometimes hard on the spot to remember what all I have read and then to take into account the type of books the person might enjoy.  So hopefully this will help in the future. 

I would love to follow other bloggers as well to get book recommendations from them.  I am a pretty eclectic reader, although I tend to stay away from sci-fi, fantasy and erotica.  Just not for me.  I also keep an up-to-date record on Goodreads of what I have read for the past several years.  Along the way, I hope to revisit and write reviews for some of my favorites.

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment